Only 160,000 Conservative Party members get a vote for UK’s next PM.
Boris ‘s position on Brexit:
- Promised to leave the EU by October 31st 2019
- No deal Brexit is an option
- The ‘backstop’ clause focused on Northern and Republic of Ireland would be revisited in 2019-2020 when the UK and EU negotiate its long term trading relationships.
- No deal would mean that the UK withholds its membership fees to the EU.
Hunt’s position on Brexit:
- Called October 31st a fake deadline
- UK must change the ‘backstop’ clause in the existing deal
- Rework Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement